Compact Box Camera
Base on the Tall Box Camera, this housing is constructed from four 3D printed parts, whose production method forms the basis for the later 3D printed TaskCams. Retaining the principal of a zero undercut build, the front and rear panels of this housing become separate parts which slide into lower shell, allowing for structures to be built behind each panel to house both the shutter release switch and camera module.
Each part of the 3D printed shell has zero undercuts and is designed to be printed on any 3D printer with minimal post-production finishing.
List of Components
- 3D printed case and lasercut 3mm thick acrylic
- Raspberry Pi Model 2 and above
- Adafruit PiTFT 2.2" HAT details
- Raspberry Pi Camera module V2
- 6 x No.2 6.4mm & 3 No.2 9.5mm self-tapping screws available here
- Momentary push button switch, 12mm square - example
- Micro SD card
- PiBorg BattBorg
- Eight AA batteries and battery holders - example
to view and download various file formats
Compact Box, Fusion360