Tall Box Camera
This is a complex housing constructed from three 3D printed parts which orienate the Raspberry Pi and screen perpendicular to each other, requiring a set of jumper wires to connect the input/output pins of the adjacent boards. It runs on eight intergrated AA batteries using PiBorg’s BattBorg module and is the only VisionCam to feature a hard on/off switch. The shell has a large switch cover intended for use as a shutter button, requiring a separate push button switch to be wired to the GPIO/header of the Raspberry Pi.
The housing is fiddly to construct, but the top mounted screen is satisfying to use due to its similarity a medium-format camera.
The 3D printed shell has zero undercuts and is designed to be printed on any 3D printer with minimal post-production finishing.
List of Components
- 3D printed case and lasercut 3mm thick acrylic
- Raspberry Pi Model 2 and above
- Adafruit PiTFT 2.2" HAT details
- Raspberry Pi Camera module V2
- 6 x No.2 6.4mm & 3 No.2 9.5mm self-tapping screws available here
- Pi header jumper wires
- Momentary push button switch, 12mm square - example
- Rocker switch - example
- Micro SD card
- PiBorg BattBorg
- Eight AA batteries and battery holders - example
to view and download various file formats
Tall Box V1, Fusion360